Back to

12.10.06

hiccup

i was stretching canvases tongiht, and in the midst of admiring my work, writing a blog in my head a bout how smooth and tight my canvas was, despite not havin gdone this since highschool--when i started to realize it was too tight.
my the time i finished the first coat of gesso i KNEW it was too tight, but there wasn't a whole lot i could do. as it started to dry it started buckling and all the sudden it snapped right in front of me, splattering my cup of paint all over my father's car.
ha.
i'm not sure if i can salvage the canvas, but i got all the paint off my dad's car.
and it just showsya how far my dad's come cause when i told him about it and showed him he was more interested in the process of stretching a canvas then whether his car got messed up.

the second one i stretched looks brilliant. so-tomorrow one will be started according to plan.

No comments: