Back to

9.10.06

day iv

can't remember the last time i was hungover..ok, i can. but i can't remember the last time i was hungover and had to wake up to see my dad--that's cause it's probably never happened.

i met my dad for lunch-- at the UL/Houston tailgating party.
i (to the relief of some at home) didn't know what sport we werte tailgating.
but there was something familiar about holding a koozie and cajun music and the smell of gumbo...
i was getting closer...


and where was i getting?
unfortuantely i neglected to visually document,
but ipulled up into my bachelor father's house and there were no less than 6 cars in the driveway.
he wans't even there but every other of the currently 11 member household was sitting in the living room to greet me.

my sister, her 2 yr-old son malakai, her girlfriend michelle,
my aunt, uncle, cousin, my aunt's sister and parents, myself and my father are all ...roomates.

THIS is why i had to come back.

i didn't even bring up the reason i was there. they did. they eagerly brought out scrapbooks and started telling stories and anecdotes and inviting me to see their houses..or what is left.

yep. this is why i came back. to see it for myself, live it.
and if all goes according to plan...convert it into some form of palatable art.

thus stated, the goal.

No comments: